jueves, 9 de agosto de 2012

Registration Day at Evans Adult School

 
On Monday, August 6,2012 I went to Evans to enroll classes again for fall. I got there as usual: I took the bus and then the purple line however it surprised me a lot when I got off on Civic Center and saw that it has been in construction . I took a picture so you can see it.






As I was getting to Evans at about 9:30 a.m I realized that there was a big line. I heard that so many people was making line so early in the morning to get registrations. Before I went to the last person in line, I saw the counselor so I got closer and asked him what has happened to my EIP classes. unfortunately, there was no fund to keep IEP so they closed my classes, and there's no afternoon and Saturday classes also.However, I had to stay there to get at least a regular class, you know "Nothing is worse".


Once I was partly inside, there were so many people that was almost impossible to breath  lol. I met wonderful new people there that have the same thoughts that I have with relation to what was happening to Evans School.






Once I got inside at the cafeteria where they were registering students, I was so lucky that I ran into Gilberto. Because he told me to come where he was and gave me a place to enter faster to register. We had such a good time together. We laughed a lot. Finally we got to the registration room. It was so confusing. First, we had to show the pre-registration paper to them and then they gave some kind of record. After that, we went to another line. then they gave us our registration to fill it out. when we filled them out, we had to returne the registration and keep a copy. After that we went to another line to pay for the classes. The last day of class all the teachers told us that we must pay a fee of 30$ per class. However, the day of registration the counselor said that we had to pay per turn not per class. for example, there are two clases in the morning, so you had to pay 30$ for those two classes not for just one. that was a relief, because the economy in california is just getting worse.

 Unfortunately for me. I heard that my favorite teacher got retired. I can't still believe it. She is such a good person and a very good teacher, so professional, so kind. I learned a lot when I was with her in her class. I can't find words to thank her for everything she taught me. It made me sad but I'm looking forward to see her again. to finish this first blog of mine I leave a picture of Mynka my favorite teacher and my second mother, I mean my american mother. I will miss you so much :(


 

1 comentario: